Where We Work
MPPR strives to support communities which are less privileged, underserved, and disadvantaged including women and young people in ethnic areas whose voices have never been elevated before.
MPPR operates with the conviction that all people, regardless of who they are and where they live, have the right to quality public services, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose in a peaceful society.
Our activities serve as a catalyst for positive social change for gender equality, human rights, and youth participation engaging all members of the community including youths, parents, teachers, business, religious and community leaders, as well as officials.
For this, we are constantly innovating. MPPR endeavors to use new means and approaches to ensure that positive change comes to even the most vulnerable communities.
In Southern Shan, for example, taking the advantage of high cell phone penetration, we are piloting the use of online platform as a tool for community dialogues and feedbacks and professional discussions and support. We are also making preparations for Covid-19 related information and dialogues broadcasted on the radio in ethnic languages.
- AYSRH Townships in Taunggyi and Maukmai (2020-21)
- AYSRH Model Township in Pindaya (2019-21)
- Township SRH Action Planning Workshops in Southern Shan (2019)
- AYSRH Advocacy in Communities (2018)
- Pilot Townships AYSRH Workshop ( 2018)
- Southern Shan AYSRH Barrier Analysis Workshop (2018)
- AMW Vs Youth Activity (2016 - 2018)
- Youth SRH Research (2017)
- Counseling and Communication Practice Session in Pinlaung Township (2017)
- Implant Training (2016)
- AMW Refresher Training (2016)
- State Level Family Planning Conference - Northern Shan (2016)
- Support to reallocation of FP supplies in Southern Shan
- State Level Family Planning Conference – Southern Shan (2015)